By Richard Varner
Housing inventory in East Orlando is at its lowest point since 2005. With prices and interest rates also at historical lows, buyers are facing stiff competition for quality homes. Careful planning prior to your search, quickly viewing properties that match your criteria, and selecting the right Realtor will improve your chances of securing a contract on your dream home!
Here are 5 tips to help you get started:
1) Know what you want – Spend some time with your Realtor discussing your “must haves” and “like to haves”. How many bedrooms? Do you want a pool? Should the home be move-in ready or are you willing to make some repairs?
2) Get Pre-Approved – Your Realtor can refer you to a trusted Mortgage Professional, but shopping around is a good idea. The pre-approval letter will give you your spending limit and save you valuable time when preparing to make an offer.
3) Schedule showings quickly – Your Realtor will send you “New Listing Notification” emails. Review the listings and call your Realtor as soon as possible to schedule showings for the properties you like. In this market, quality homes will not last long.
4) Highest and best – Quality homes often have multiple offers with in the first few days of hitting the market. Leading with a strong offer will help you get the seller’s attention.
5) Find a local Realtor – Choose a Realtor with local market knowledge, a track record of success and the willingness to give you the personal attention you deserve.
Good luck and Happy Hunting!
Richard Varner, P.A. is a licensed REALTOR who grew up in Orlando, graduated from UCF, and currently resides in Avalon Park with his wife Jill and daughter Kinsley. He leads The Varner Group, a Thomas Lynne Properties company and enjoys helping buyer and sellers achieve their real estate goals by providing excellent customer service and expert advice. You can learn more about Richard and his company at www.TheVarnerGroup.com